In this post, I am going to show you how to fix Windows 10 not shutting down problem easily. After updating to Windows 10, My PC/Laptop won’t shut down properly.
When I Press The Shutdown button, the screen goes blank, but the Hard Disk keep spinning, and the LED indicator is always on. I have to hold the Physical power button for a few seconds to force shutdown my Laptop.
I have tried many things like Updating Windows and all the drivers to the latest version, fixed problems with the windwos update, Turned Off fast startup, unchecked all third party programs in msconfig and whatnot! None of the above things worked for me.
Now, I am going to list down the steps to fix the windows 10 not shutting down problem or Laptop doesn’t Shut down completely problem or whatever you call it.
Steps to Fix Windows 10 Not Shutting Down Problem
1. The First thing you need to do is Turn Off “Fast Startup”
2. Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does and click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
3. Uncheck Turn on fast startup.
4. The Second thing you need to do is uncheck “Power Management”
5. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > System Devices > Intel Management Engine Interface > Power Management and uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option.
The above solution works for all Windows 10 versions including the latest creator’s update. Some users are facing windows 10 not shutting down error after creator’s update. The above steps will also fix the shut down problem in Hp Laptop, Dell Laptop, and all PC/Laptops.
That’s it! I Hope this solution helps you to fix the windows 10 not shut down correctly problem. If you are still facing the problem, let us know by posting in the comments section below.